DAILY TOUR TO UROS-TAQUILE ISLAND BY FAST BOAT ¾ DAY
Tourist circuit of Taquiele and Uros Island:
At 07:00 to 07:10 a.m. Early in the morning, our costumers (passengers) are collected from their hotels by our staff to be transferred to the port of the Lake Titicaca, at 07:30 a.m. our boat leaves with the destination to the Uros floating islands (15 minutes travel approx.) we will visit two floating islands which retain their culture. Where our guide will explain us about the origin, customs of its inhabitants, after this visit, we are going to continue our journey to Taquile Island (1 hour and 20 min. approx.)
we arrive at the port of Taquile Island, walk uphill along a path, enjoying on the way impressive views of the Lake Titicaca, (45 min. approx.) to arrive at the small village of taquile island, here we will have a free 30 minutes time to see a variety of tissues in the small market of the village. After we have lunch in a typical restaurant and the families from Taquile will demonstrate about their customs and daily activities.
Then we are going to descend to the port to board the boat and back to Puno, arrival time is about 03:30 p.m. Approximately and transfer to their respective hotels of the city.
|07:00 am.||Pick up from hotels in the center of Puno.|
|07:30 am.||Departure of the fast boat to the Uros Floating islands..|
|07:45 am.||Visit to two floating islands of the Uros.|
|09:15 am.||Departure of boat to Taquile Island.|
|10:45 am.||Arrival at the port of Taquile walk (45 min. approx.) to the town and visit the craft market.de y visita al mercado artesanal.|
|12:30 p.m.||Lunch in a typical restaurant of Taquile. Then walk down to the port of the island.|
|02:00 p.m.||Return to the city of Puno.|
|03:30 p.m.||Arrival to the port of Puno and transfer to their hotelsad.|
- Advice one day before the tour.
- Lunch in typical restaurant.
- Entrance fees to floating islands and Taquile.
- Official guide Spanish / English.
- Speed boat (with toilet facilities on board, comfortable seats, life jackets and first aid kit).
- Transfers hotel downtown Puno- port of the Lake Titicaca.
- Others not mentioned in the program.
- Camera, Toilet paper and extra batteries.
- A bottle of water (a liter).
- Comfortable shoes for walking.
- Personal backpack with everything necessary for your tour.
- Snacks, chocolate or energy candies.
- Glasses, hat and sunscreen.
- Lightweight and warm clothing.
|1 People||$ 29.00 USD|
WHY TO TRAVEL BY SPEED BOAT?:
Travel by speed boat to the natural Taquile Island, is born by the need of our clients who wish to take the tour in a short time unlike a regular boat, in a regular boat trip takes much more time and is exhausting. The tour of the places in speed boat is the same as a normal or regular boat, however we will have time to do other short tours such as: city tour, Chucuito and Sillustani or Sillustani in route to the Airport.
- Benefits of Uros and Taquile islands tour in a Fast Boat.
- Reduce time travel and less exhausting, because in that way the visits to the islands are longest and pleasant having the chance to interact with the local families.
- We will be able to be useful in doing other tours with the free time, places like (city tour, Sillustani and Chucuito). Places are close to the city of Puno.
- To know a little more the city of Puno visit such as: The cathedral and crafts stores.
COMPARATIVE TABLE OF DISTANCE AND TIME OF TRAVEL IN TWO MOVILITIES
|DISTANCES||REGULAR BOAT||SPEED BOAT|
|Port of Puno - Uros||30 minutes||15 minutes|
|Uros island – Taquile island||2 hours and 35 minutes||1 hour and 20 minutes|
|Taquile island – port of Puno||3 hours||1 hour and 30 minutes|
Taquile Island is a traditional Quechua speaking community, famous for its weaving tradition and there are full of ancient agricultural terraces, the gorgeous little houses inhabited by the direct decedents of the Inca Culture.
The Taquile population was relatively isolated from the mainland until 1950s, and the notion of the community and family is still very strong among them.
The weaving tradition of the Taquile Island goes back to early civilizations, thus keeps elements from pre-Inca Andean cultures alive in the present.
All weaving is done on pre-Inca fixed and pedal looms. The most characteristic garments are the so-called “Chullo”, a knitted hat with an earflap, and “The Calendar Waistband”, depicting the annual cycles connected to ritual and agricultural activities.
Book this same tour at an unbeatable price - DAILY TOUR TO UROS-TAQUILE ISLAND BY FAST BOAT ¾ DAY.