Rainbow Mountain, located in Pitumarca district, Canchis province south of Cusco - Peru; Considered as the most important mountain of the Andean cosmovision and fifth highest mountain of Peru, at 6384 m.s.n.m. For centuries it has received many names; "The Ceiling of the Inca Capital", "Vinicunca" (Rainbow Mountain), etc.
Journey through an undiscovered land of wild desert landscapes, is one of the most amazing experiences, this mountain range is breathtaking, not only due to it's height but also the colours and scenery are incredible. Where you will receive the protection and wisdom of that which was once sacred to the Andean culture; In addition you will enjoying snow capped peaks, herds of alpacas, and arrive at the ultimate destination – The painted hills hidden deep in the Andes.
This Trek to Rainbow Mountain, will truly take you off the beaten track passing through some simply stunning countryside. Our experienced guides will show you the way but this is definitely not a trek for the faint hearted!
- This trek is not suited to first timers. (Distance 10 km.) If you are a strong walker and have completed some moderate treks prior to this then you should be fine. You’ll need a good level of fitness and stamina as you’ll be trekking over many steep sections.
- Altitude, The trek is classified as grade C which means the trek is fairly long and many sections are at high altitude; MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 5250 masl • MINIMUM ALTITUDE: 3800 meters above sea level, the height increases as you advance, which makes the walk really tiring.
- We strongly recommend you have spent at least 3 days in Cusco or at a similar altitude immediately prior to undertaking this trek to acclimatise.
- We recommend at breakfast drinking plenty of hot mate with infusions of muña and coca which will help a lot in the process of acclimatization because, helps open the bronchi to breathe better.
- Carries energy bank (extra batteries) (the batteries are consumed more quickly under cold conditions).
Early in the morning, between 3:00 a 3:20 a.m. pick you up from the hotel of Cusco, start our adventure to Rainbow Mountain. We will travel by bus for 3 hours aproximatly to arrive at (Qhechuyno), the starting point of our hike and where we have the breakfast before to leave with the trekking.
After our breakfast, we organize and received all the necesary infomation about the full day trek and We started with the hike appreciating the landscape, lagoons and the homes of the inhabitants of the Andes, likewise also camelids in their natural hábitat about 3 hours; thus reaching our goal the " VININCUNCA - PASSO a 5250 masl, from here we’ll enjoy the impressive scenic beauty of Cerro Colorado"
The magnificent colors are natural geological formations through different minerals shows different hue of colors in this mountain. Also, we can appreciate the snowy APU AUSANGATE sacred mountain from the Inca times. after a certain time we will descend for 2 hours approximate until we reach our starting point where we expect a delicious lunch in the area and then organize for our return to Cusco.
- Advice one day before the tour.
- Food (breakfast and lunch Semi - Buffet).
- Camp for Breakfast and Lunch with tables and chairs.
- Cook and Kitchen Equipment (For larger groups, assistants are provided).
- Optional vegetarian food, (Le tus know, when you booking the tour).
- Professional English / Quechua / Spanish local guide.
- First aid kit including an emergency oxygen bottle.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Entrance fee to Vinicunca.
- Transportation Cusco - Qhechuyno - Cusco.
- Others not mentioned in the program.
- Extra drinks.
- Emergency horse with an muleteer (in case you can not continue the trek or feel bad).
- Extra expenses and Tips.
- Camera, Toilet paper and extra batteries.
- Glasses, hat and sunscreen.
- Walking sticks or trekking poles.
- Cash - enough extra expenses (Horse rental - driver, tips and souvenirs).
- Thermal clothing, especially for sleeping is also recommended.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications you may need as directed by your doctor.
- A light backpack with a change of clothes for the mountain hike.
- Trekking shoes and extra stockings.
|1 People||$ 39.00 USD|
Book this same tour at an unbeatable price - RAINBOW MOUNTAIN 1 DAY HIKE | VINICUNCA MOUNTAIN FULL DAY.