TOUR TO UROS AND TAQUILE ISLAND [BY COMMON BOAT] (FULL DAY)
TAQUILE ISLAND (common boat) - LAKE TITICACA
At 6:40 a.m. Our customers (passengers) are collected from their hotels by our Staff, to be transferred to the port of the Lake Titicaca, at 7:15 am our boat leaves with destination to the floating islands of Uros (30 min. travel approx.)
We will visit two Islands, which retain their culture. "The Uros Floating Islands" is an ancient ethnic group of people living on Lake Titicaca since pre-Incan times; they are still maintaining their original lifestyle just fishing, hunting birds, gathering eggs and using the reeds almost for everything even to eat.
Then, we continue our trip to Taquile Island. (2 hours and a half of trip approximately.) we arrive at the port of taquile, walk uphill along a path (45 min approximately.) to arrive at the small village of the Island, where will we have a free 30 minutes approximately to observe a variety of tissues in the craft community center, lunch in typical restaurant after this the families from taquile will demonstrate about their customs and daily activities.
After, back to the port to board the boat and return to the city of puno and then around 17:15 hrs. approx. we arrive at the port of puno and transfer to respective hotels.
|06:40 am.||Transfer hotel downtown Puno to port (vice versa).|
|07:15 am.||Departure of the boat to the islands of the uros.|
|07:45 am.||Visit to the floating islands of the uros (two islands).|
|09:00 am.||Departure of boat to taquile island.|
|11:30 am.||Arrival at the port of taquile, walk (45 min. approrx).|
|12:20 hrs.||The guide will explain us the origin and customs of the locals.|
|13:00 hrs.||Lunch in a typical restaurant of taquile.|
|14:30 hrs.||Departure of the boat from taquile island to puno.|
|17:15 hrs.||Arrival at the port of puno and transfer to their hotels.|
- Transfers hotel downtown Puno- port (vice verse).
- Tickets included to Uros and Taquile islands.
- Regular boat (confortable seats, life jackets and first aid kit).
- Official guide Spanish / English.
- Lunch in typical restaurant.
- Pick up from the port and drop off at your hotel in Puno.
- Other not mentioned in this program.
- A bottle of water (a liter).
- Warm clothes and light, (in the seasons of autumn and winter in the afternoon it’s cold wind; in spring and summer bring water jacket and umbrellas for the rain)
- Glasses, hat and sunscreen.
- Personal backpack with everything necessary for your tour.
- Confortable shoes for walking.
- Snacks, chocolate or energy candies.
Is located 45 km. from the city of Puno, it has approx. 2000 inhabitants are of quechua origin, and characterized by the root of their traditions, customs, coloring clothing and beautiful textiles hand woven.
People from Taquile Island, have demonstrated advanced techniques in textile, receiving the award by UNESCO as the best weavers in the world. It should be noted that the yarn is produced mainly by men beginning at the age of eight years and women dedicated exclusively to woven ready once the yarn, in others words (the men are excellent sailors and the women are expert weavers)
The main activities that engage are: fishing, agriculture and very little by livestock, they also offer services of restaurants and home stay, this activity is part of their economic livehood today.