TOUR TO SUN ISLAND IN BOLIVIA FROM PUNO (FULL DAY)
SUN ISLAND - PUNO
At 6:50 a.m. Our customers are collected from their hotels to be transferred to the Bus station by our representative, at Bus Station, you must present your passport and migration card (pre-checking) at 07:30 a.m. The bus leaves with destination to Copacabana, Arriving to KASANI, (border PERU-BOLIVIA), checking of your passport and migration card at the migrations office in both countries, then you continue 20 min more until your arrival to Copacabana, about 12:00 p.m. (Bolivian Hour).
Where our local guide waiting for you, and start with guided visit to the Sanctuary of Copacabana, Then lunch in the Village (not included) at 1:30 p.m. our private boat leaves to Sun Island (45 minutes by motor boat ), visit to the southern part of the Sun Island (1h 45 min to 2 hour visit); once on the island, we walk 30 min to the archaeological center Pilkokaina ruins of a mysterious sacred place dedicated to the worship of Inti the “Sun God” and the maximum Inca divinity. After, we will go down the Inca Trail (stone steps), until you reach the “fountain of youth”, in the way you can appreciate a beautiful landscape of the Lake Titicaca and around. Return to Copacabana, at 5:00 p.m. arrival and transfer to your hotel or the bus station to Puno (Peru) or La Paz (Bolivia).
6:30 p.m. (BH) Bus Depart from Copacabana (3hrs and 30 min journey), arrival to Puno or La Paz.
|06:50 a.m.||Pick up from your hotel and transfer to the Bus Station.|
|07:30 a.m.||Departure of the bus to Copacabana.|
|11:45 a.m.||Arrival to the Copacabana town and visit the Sanctuary (Church).|
|12:30 p.m. (BH)||Lunch in Copacabana (not included).|
|01:30 p.m. (BH)||Departure of our private boat with destination to the Sun Island.|
|02:15 p.m. (BH)||Arrival and visit to the most important places of the Sun Island as; Pilkokaina temple, Source of life (Inca), walk on the Inca steps.|
|04:15 p.m. (BH)||Return to Copacabana town.|
|05:00 p.m. (BH)||Arrival at port of Copacabana and transfer to your hotel or bus station to depart with destination to Puno or La Paz.|
- Pick up and Transfers hotels downtown to Bus Station in Puno.
- Bus Ticket Puno - Copacabana (shared service).
- Entrance fee to the Sun Island.
- Motor boat Copacabana - Isla del Sol - Copacabana. (Private service).
- Local guide (Spanish / English).
- Bus Ticket Copacabana – Puno or La Paz (shared service).
- Others not mentioned in this Tour.
- Lunch in Copacabana.
- A bottle of water (a litter).
- Warm clothes and light (in the season of autumn and winter in the afternoon it is cold wind and in spring and summer bring water proof jacket and umbrellas for the rain).
- Glasses, hat and sunscreen.
- Personal back pack with everything necessary for your tour.
- Camera, Snacks, chocolate and energy candies.
- Comfortable shoes for walking.
- Valid passports (with less force than 6 months) and Andean Migration Card.
- For citizens of USA, Russia, Singapore and other countries from Africa and Asia: you must have VISA. If you desire get the VISA at the border you must present the following:
- It is necessary to pay a $160USD VISA, in cash at the offices of migration Peru / Bolivia. (Take care with folded, marked, creased or broken bills, they need to be in really good conditions).
- Two copies of your passport valid and you must present a visa application form with two color photograph of 4cm x 4cm.
- International Vaccination Certificate for yellow fever.
- Evidence of a hotel reservation or a letter of invitation in Spanish, round trip ticket or copy of itinerary, proof of economic solvency (credit card, cash, or a current bank statement).
- Casa Andina Private Collection, Posada del Inka, Hotel Eco Inn and Libertadores:
- Up to 02 people (Car): $ 5.00 USD.
- Up to 05 people (Mini Van H-1): $ 15.00 USD.
- Mirador del Titikaka and Hotel José Antonio:
- Up to 02 people (Car): $ 12.00 USD.
- Up to 05 people (Mini Van H-1): $ 25.00 USD.
|TOTAL PRICE PER NUMBER OF PEOPLE|
|N° of Persons||2||3||4|
THE SUN ISLAND:
Lake Titicaca is one of the most popular destinations in Bolivia and Perú and among the most famous places in South America. The region around the Lake Titicaca was revered by the Inca as the center of the world and the birthplace of their empire. Today, Aymara communities around the Lake Titicaca continue to maintain sacred sites on the Lake Titicaca’s shores and islands.
Learn the history of the area’s indigenous civilizations, and meet their descendants at Lake Titicaca side villages. In Copacabana, visit a 16th-century basilica and enjoy lunch on the waterfront. On Sun Island, which is considered the birthplace of the Incan civilization, walk through splendid archeological ruins. This tour is perfect if you’re short on time but want to experience some of the major sights of Bolivia.
Travel from Puno, Peru to Copacabana, Bolivia to experience for yourself one of the most sacred sites of the Inca Empire, the site to which they traced their mythical origins, the Island of the Sun.
Copacabana is a beautiful village is famous throughout the Bolivian nation as cultural heritage for its religious celebrations and traditional festivals.